Case Study: Design an identity security solution
Tailwind Traders is a fictitious home improvement retailer. It operates retail hardware stores across the globe and online. The Tailwind Traders CISO is aware of the opportunities offered by Azure but also understands the need for strong security and solid cloud architecture. Without strong security and a great point of reference architecture, the company may have difficulty managing the Azure environment and costs, which are hard to track and control. The CISO is interested in understanding how Azure manages and enforces security standards.
Requirements: Conditional Access
Tailwind Traders is planning on making some significant changes to their Identity Security Strategy. They have asked for your assistance with recommendations and questions. Here are the specific requirements.
The company has a new security optimization project for customer environments. The CISO wants to ensure that all available Privileged Users are controlled in the cloud.
- What could Tailwind Traders do to enforce Privileged Users to require MFA for all cloud access?
- Evaluate a solution and explain your decision-making process.
- Create a Conditional Access Policy that enforces all Global Administrators to require MFA.
- What could Tailwind Traders do to review administrators’ access regularly to ensure only the right people have continued access to Azure resources?
- Configure recurring access reviews to revoke unneeded permissions over time.
- How are you enforcing Identity Security for all users to protect their data, applications, and other assets in Microsoft Azure?